Final call for registration - please register
now if you are coming to the conference, or we may not be able to hold
hotel rooms for you.
The basic procedure
The main steps in the registration process for INLG04 are as follows:
- Read these instructions.
- Fill in the on-line form, providing personal details and specifying your
- Receive email confirmation of receipt of registration details.
- Print out the credit-card payment form and fill in your financial details
(by hand) and fax the form to us.
- Receive email confirmation of successful payment and registration for the conference.
The process is designed to be simple and secure for credit/debit-card payments, which
is our highly preferred option. See below for information on other payment methods.
|Registration||by 30 June||from 1 July|
- Accompanying persons £70
- Additional lunch £15
- Additional dinner £32 (14th) £37 (15th)
- ACL membership £46 (regular) £30 (student)
Decisions you need to make
There are three basic packages for attending INLG04.
- Full registration gives you forty-eight hours (12 noon, 14th July - 12 noon, 16th July) at the hotel, including all meals,
two nights accommodation in a (non-shared) double room, with full access to the hotel fitness
and spa facilities, plus conference attendence, delegate pack, proceedings etc..
- Student registration gives the same package, but in a shared room (you may nominate
a room-mate), at a reduced rate. The total number of student places in the hotel
is limited to 20, and will be allocated on a "first come, first served" basis.
- Non-residential registration allows for delegates who do not wish to stay at the hotel, but only
attend the conference (and find accommodation elsewhere).
- Lunch on the first day (before the conference starts), is included, but lunch on the final day
is an optional extra, which you need to request separately.
- Full delegates may bring accompanying persons (to share their room) for an additional
charge (which includes breakfast), and may additionally request lunches and/or dinners for them.
Accompanying persons have full use of the hotel facilities, but may not participate in th conference.
Other relevant requirements
All payments must be made in pounds sterling. By far the easiest and quickest way to achieve this is
personal credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, Delta or Switch). If this is not possible, you can send
us a (sterling) cheque (payable to 'University of Brighton'). Please contact us if you wish to use some
other form of payment (and note in particular that we cannot accept direct bank transfers).
Now that SIGGEN is affiliated to ACL, it is a requirement that all attendees at INLG conferences
are also members of ACL. The registration form allows for regular or student membership to be included
in the registration fee if you are not already a member (the fee is paid in pounds sterling, and includes
the ACL late registration charge). If you have more complex membership requirements (discounts,
multi-year membership etc.) please use the standard ACL membership form on the
Careys Manor Hotel has a policy not to admit children under the age of 14. If you wish to bring
children for your trip you will need to make arrangements to stay close by and attend the conference
on a non-residential basis. We suggest you contact us before registering so we can advise on detailed
Cancellation by 30th June 2004 will receive a full refund minus £20 administration charge.
Cancellation after 30 June 2004 will not be refunded, but delegate will receive proceedings and
ACL membership (if included).
Staying additional nights
It should be possible (subject to room availability) to stay additional nights at the hotel before or
after the conference. However, the hotel have asked that you arrange this directly with them, not through the
INLG04 conference booking procedure (as we do not have a block booking for these nights). For contact details
see the Venue and travel page. The hotel recommends you book as soon as possible.
This may mean, of course, that you book before we process your conference registration, so make sure you
let them know you are with the conference. The advertised rates (bed and breakfast) are £129 (midweek) and
Thank you for reading these notes. Now please proceed to the registration form page
to register for INLG04.